Just a fingerful might deny else the entire world is fond of wooden floors. Along with adding warmth, character, and value to your home, solid timber flooring in Melbourne provides longevity as well. However, not all wooden floors are equal as different species of woods have specific characteristics. Once you understand the aspects of different species, you will be able to decide on the right wood flooring for your home. Wood has natural warmth and sturdiness because of which it is sanded and refinished many times.
It is advisable to go for the prefinished flooring because it can hold up better than the ones completed on site because the guarantee of the former comes from the factory and not from the installer. As solid timber flooring in Melbourne is natural, it may fade away due to direct sunlight and also expand and contract due to varying humidity levels in your area. It is advisable not to choose solid wood flooring for basement or any damp space of your house or place of work.
One of the best ways to figure out whether the flooring you have chosen is right and suits your house is to take samples home and compare them side by side to the places where they are going to be installed. With Lots of options in the market, it might be complicated for you to decide which solid timber flooring in Melbourne best suits your needs when it comes to cost, appearance, and sturdiness. Timber can change the mood of the room, and even though it is easy to go with the trend, it is advisable to analyze your lifestyle and furnishings before taking the decision.
Oak is one of the most commonly used solid wood for flooring, and it is due to its hardness and durability. It can hold up wear and tear and is highly functional. If you are looking for the floor that boasts elegance, style and withstands wear and tear, French oak flooring in Melbourne is a perfect choice. Whether you are planning to install flooring for your new house or you wish to renovate the existing one, French oak flooring will prove to be the best choice.
Sophisticated and classic look, sturdy nature and cost-effective in the long run, solid timber flooring in Melbourne will be in fashion for many years to come. The best thing about oak is that it holds stain evenly and therefore, it is available in a variety of different stain colours. Only if you do not like strong grain patterns, French oak flooring is not for you. However, the quality and consistency of the grain pattern formulate the price of the French oak flooring. Moreover, using reclaimed wood for flooring can help you save a good amount of money on the entire project.
Benefits of solid timber flooring in Melbourne -
- Timber gives you natural warmth because of its natural insulation features
- Timber is available in different colours and grains
- Timber needs low maintenance and is easy to clean
- It offers good looks and lasts longer than another solid wood flooring
- It is practical, inexpensive and versatile
- It can be easily installed
- Can lie over concrete or existing timber
- Timber flooring is ideal for homes with people suffering from asthma or any other allergies because it is hypoallergenic.
- Solid timber flooring in Melbourne is naturally resilient and gives a good feeling underfoot.
- Timber gives minimal site disturbance and does not promote the breeding of germs and bacteria.
Solid timber flooring has a class of its own. Where some other flooring would need replacement, this withstands heavy traffic and endures toughest of conditions. Selecting a good and reputed manufacturer like Profile Timber who has one of the best ranges and colours would be prudent when you decide on solid timber flooring in Melbourne. They have experienced and skilled professionals who would even guide you choose the best flooring suitable for your house. Going with professionals to get your floor installed will help you a lot in almost every field.
More often than not, people opt for solid wood flooring because along with warmth and sophistication, it is evergreen when it comes to fashion or trend. It was in fashion 20 years back, and it is likely to be even after 20 years from now.
Solid timber flooring in Melbourne adds to the beauty and elegance of your property
When one is decorating a commercial or personal property, there is nothing other than timber flooring that can add to the luster. A timber floor is desirable for weathered appearance, and its appeal & occasional ancient graffiti contributes to the aesthetic appeal of a genuine wood floor. ‘Reclaimed chestnut’ is prized as flooring for its rarity and run of colour from light coffee to rich chocolate. Red & white oak are the woods most frequently found in Solid timber flooring in Melbourne. In addition, using timber flooring is advantageous as it is eco-friendly where one can make use of dead and decaying trees whenever possible. It is obtainable at special lumber yards or via independent flooring contractors. Many of the homeowners enjoy refinishing their own recycled wood and are able to fashion and accomplish the customers' expectations via solid wood flooring.
Wooden flooring is the most abundantly available renewable material. ‘Sustainable forest management’ makes it possible to harvest wood without any grave impact on the environment as the trees are a renewable source of energy which can be used again & again. Wood floors last for hundreds of years and so it is not essential to replace it time and again like the other flooring options.
A large number of experts like Profile Timber help in providing you designs and motifs that suit your lifestyle and budget. If you wish to install exclusive, long-lasting solid timber flooring in Melbourne, you should definitely get in touch with – Profile Timber! We rank amongst the best in the industry. Give us a tinkle whenever it suits you.
Cleaning & Maintenance of solid timber flooring in Melbourne
Timber or hardwood flooring has two kinds, solid & engineered. Solid hardwood floor plank is made out of solid wood, milled from one single timber. The engineered wooden floor is comprised of two or more layers. The top layer or ‘lamella’ is the wood that is observable when you install it & the bottom wood or core proffers stability.
People prefer hardwood floors for its attractiveness and the ease of cleaning. However, cleaning might be easy but there are many people out there that seem to scratch, over-wet, and devastate their wooden floors because of ‘improper cleaning’.
What is proper cleaning and maintenance of solid timber flooring in Melbourne?
- Sweep your hardwood floors to get rid of any debris, dirt, dust, and grit.
- If you are going to make use of a vacuum, check to see if the rollers are able to scratch your wooden floors.
- Use a damp mop to wipe your floor. ‘Never’ wet your hardwood floors as it can damage it.
- Make use of carpet runners or doormats on high traffic areas such as the kitchen sink and entrances.
- If there is any spilled liquid, wipe it right away with a damp cloth and then dry it with a clean towel.
- To avoid furniture from scratching your solid timber flooring in Melbourne, pay money for a furniture pad & place it under the feet.
- Polish & buff the floor if the hardwood flooring begins to look dull.
- Clean the carpet runners on a regular basis.
- Avoid wearing high heels & heavy shoes on the wood floors.
- It is recommended that you request the manufacturer on how to treat the timber floors & what products do they recommend for it.
- Make use of curtains or blinds to protect the wooden floors from direct sunlight. This can discolour the hardwood floors.
- If you have pets that meander around your home, have their nails trimmed to keep away from scratching the surface of your solid timber flooring in Melbourne.
A lot of people ask – ‘Can I have solid timber floors over concrete slabs?’ - The answer is definitely ‘yes,’ and there are a few diverse options. Some of these might or might not be possible in all situations the way in which the house is constructed determines which method or methods are appropriate. If the house is under construction or it is in the planning stage, just about any flooring system can be included in the project. At the construction or planning stage, things such as the finished height of your floor compared to the other components of the structure can be taken into consideration.
So, yes you can have solid timber flooring in Melbourne over your slab, but as always it pays to seek expert advice to keep away from problems. While some of the builders have done it before not all of them have had the day-to-day experience of somebody with a long-term career in the flooring industry. It pays to try to get as much advice as possible.