PROFILE TIMBER FLOORS WARRANTY
Profile Timber Floors offers a three-year Warranty on Workmanship
Click on a subject below to read more.
- The Warranty is valid upon proof of Purchase and Invoice paid in Full. The Receipt is proof of the day of purchase
- The floor must be maintained according to the floor Care Maintenance Guidelines
- Relative air humidity must be in the range of 40%-60% with a room temperature range from 18-24 degrees. Very dry climates may also require the use of a humidifier. Hardwood flooring reacts to changes in the environment. Excessive heat or dryness can result in gapping or splitting; excessive humidity can result in cupping. Gapping, splitting, cupping or other problems resulting from exposure to improper environmental conditions are not covered by the product warranty.
- Relative Humidity should be maintained between 40% - 60% BEFORE and AFTER Installation
- Every lacquered wooden floor is subject to normal abrasion
- Variations between Sample and your Delivered Flooring. Timber is a Natural Product so colour variations, gum veins knots and other natural features are often present. Samples or Graphics may not show all the Characteristics and variations of the actual Flooring Delivered.
- Colour Dissatisfaction. Timber floors are not Graded by Colour
- Damage caused by incorrect use
- Diminished gloss level are not warranted
- Damage caused by incorrect maintenance and use of unapproved auxiliary products such as but not limited to Cleaning Products and floor protection is not warranted
- Heavy impacts
- Extreme environmental Conditions, meaning exposure to extreme heat, moisture or dryness
- Accidents, abuse, misuse, force, damage from heavy furniture or equipment used without sufficient protection, impact damage, scars from sharp or pointed objects, scuffs, scratches, negligence, spiked heel shoes, pet claws, pebbles, sand or other abrasives
- Accidents such as water damage or Fire
- Improper or unauthorized alterations or repairs to the floor
Profile Timber floors require maintenance and precautions that must be followed. Floors must be maintained and cared in accordance with the written instructions. These limited warranties do not cover damage or defects caused by improper maintenance or inadequate care.
Profile Timber Floors does not warrant for damage of defects resulting from accidents, abuses or abnormal usage that stain or scratch the finish, diminish gloss or indent the surface. Profile Timber floors limited warranties also do not cover damage or defects caused by heavy traffic, damage by pet claws, failure to protect the floor from sand gravel or other abrasions buy use of walk off mats.
The Warranty does not cover damage or defects caused by wetting or the presence of excessive moisture, or by conditions which are too dy. Flooding, acts of God, plumbing accidents, leaking appliances are not covered by this warranty.
The warranty does not cover damage or defects including but not limited to color change caused by excessive sunlight or intense lighting. Excessive sunlight or intense lighting can cause color changes in the finished product. Window furnishings will usually provide adequate protection against excessive sunlight Abnormal abrasion and damage (apart from those mentioned under Warranty Exclusion) should be reported in writing to Profile Timber Floors within 14 days after detection.
It is important to note that oiled and UV-cured floors will undergo a change in colour/slight fading as it adjusts to the ambient light conditions of the installation environment. The degree of colour change will vary on the specific environment and exposure to direct sunlight. It is recommended to use window treatments when possible. Do not place area rugs on the new floor for sixty days after installation. Thereafter, periodic re-arrangement of furniture and area rugs will ensure that your floor ages evenly.
Maintaining the temperature and relative humidity of the spaces the flooring is installed is very important. We recommend a temperature of 18-24C and humidity at 40-60% at all times. Very dry climates may also require the use of a humidifier. Hardwood flooring reacts to changes in the environment. Excessive heat or dryness can result in gapping or splitting; excessive humidity can result in cupping. Gapping, splitting, cupping or other problems resulting from exposure to improper environmental conditions are not covered by the product or Installation warranty.
If the floor is installed over a radiant heating system, never allow the surface temperature of the floor to exceed 82F (27C). Avoid dramatic temperature changes; always adjust the system gradually in 5c increments. It is recommended that a dedicated quick recovery thermostat be installed to allow the temperature of the radiant heating system to be accurately controlled.
If the floor is installed and floor protection is required check with Profile Timber Floors as to what floor protection can be used fro your newly installed floor. Failure to do this will void any issues that may be present after floor protection is removed.