CARE & MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Following our step-by-step maintenance guidelines will ensure optimal results and longevity of the product.
Click on a subject below to read more.
It is important to note that oiled and UV-cured floors will undergo a change in colour/slight fading as it adjusts to the ambient light conditions of the installation environment. The degree of colour change will vary on the specific environment and exposure to direct sunlight. It is recommended to use window treatments when possible. Do not place area rugs on the new floor for sixty days after installation. Thereafter, periodic re-arrangement of furniture and area rugs will ensure that your floor ages evenly.
Maintaining the temperature and relative humidity of the spaces the flooring is installed is very important. We recommend a temperature of 18-24C and humidity at 40-60% at all times. Very dry climates may also require the use of a humidifier. Hardwood flooring reacts to changes in the environment. Excessive heat or dryness can result in gapping or splitting; excessive humidity can result in cupping. Gapping, splitting, cupping or other problems resulting from exposure to improper environmental conditions are not covered by the product warranty.
If the floor is installed over a radiant heating system, never allow the surface temperature of the floor to exceed 82F (27C). Avoid dramatic temperature changes; always adjust the system gradually in 5c increments. It is recommended that a dedicated quick recovery thermostat be installed to allow the temperature of the radiant heating system to be accurately controlled.
- Vacuum the floor areas thoroughly with a soft bristle brush. Alternatively, you can use a broom to sweep the surface. It is important to keep your floor clean and free of dust, sand and other abrasive materials.
- Apply LOBA® Hardwood Floor Cleaner to terrycloth mops head and wipes the surface of your floor. We do not recommend spraying the product directly onto the floor or substituting the LOBA® Hardwood Floor Cleaner with any other brand of hardwood flooring cleaner.
- Allow for the product to dry before resuming regular traffic in this area.
DO NOT USE ANY HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS, OILS, SOAPS, WAXES OR ANY ABRASIVE MATERIALS OR SCOURING AGENTS ON THE FLOOR.
- Place area rugs or doormats at entryways to help prevent sand, grit, oils, dirt and other abrasive or staining materials from being tracked onto the floor surface from outdoors. (Avoid rubber-backed or similarly dense matting materials that may trap moisture between the mat and the floor; choose mats that enable airflow instead).
- Place protective mats at high-use work areas such as sinks, ranges, service counters and workstations.
- Protect the floor from any exposure to liquids, water and other forms of moisture. Blot up any spilled food, drink or other liquid immediately.
- Never wet mop the floor when cleaning. Avoid walking on the floor with wet feet or footwear. Damage caused by flooding, broken pipes, wet mopping or any other exposure to liquid or moisture is not covered by the product warranty.
- Put felt protector pads on the feet of all furniture, display stands, file cabinets and other accessories that will be placed directly onto the floor surface. Inspect regularly for wear and replace as necessary.
- Only use recommended cleaning Products on your Timber Floor
- Do Not use a steam mop to clean the floor
- Do Not walk on the floor with spiked heels or shoes that need repair
- Do Not drag heavy furniture across your floor
- ALWAYS Maintain temperature of 18-24C and humidity at 40-60% at all times.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE FLOOR CARE INSTRUCTIONS MAY VOID THE WARRANTY.